St Paul’s Anglian Church Safeguarding Policy Statement & Contacts
Date of adoption: 18/06/2023
Name: Safeguarding Officer – Vanessa Ilsley
In accordance with the Diocese in Europe’s Safeguarding Policy our Chaplain is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons • Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Chaplaincy will:
- Endeavour to create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named, local Safeguarding Officer to work with the incumbent and the Chaplaincy Council to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and vulnerable adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Where possible to ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and vulnerable adults undertaken in the name of the Chaplaincy.
- Display in church premises and on the Chaplaincy website the details of who to contact if there are any safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and vulnerable adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops’ guidance including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) and local child and/or adult social services immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, where or when it occurred.
- Care for an monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children or vulnerable adults, whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, procedures and practices at least annually.